Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit by Anastasia Beverly Hills is indeed, one of the most iconic highlighter palettes ever created. This limited-edition Glow Kit was first launched in 2017, and sold out right after. It was so popular that the brand was restocking it during Black Friday Sales several times but I had no luck in getting one for myself. In 2020, by popular demand, Anastasia Beverly Hills decided to bring this highlighting cult-favorite palette back as a limited edition Glow Kit again. When the brand announced that they are bringing this limited edition Glow Kit back and it is now available across many retailers, I ordered one for myself right away.
No surprise, the palette is once again, sold out almost everywhere as I’m publishing this review. If you consider yourself a makeup collector or just wanted to get a stunning highlighting palette for yourself, I’d recommend doing this now while supply still lasts.
Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit palette is definitely different from permanent collection of ABH Glow Kits and is very unique in its own way. The palette features 6 lustre metallic shades picked by Nicole, and these shades work across all complexions from fair to deep. These highlighter can be used anywhere on the face, eyes, lips and body.
Shades included in Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit:
- Forever Lit (Platinum with a lavender reflect)
- Kitty Kat (Pink with a platinum reflect)
- Forever Young (Pink pearl with a silver reflect)
- Daydream (Coral with a white gold reflect)
- Glo Getter (Champagne with a rose gold reflect)
- 143 (Rose gold with a bronze reflect)
From the first sight, the color selection may seem a bit whimsical but, when swatched I was surprised with how even the darkest shade looks pretty wearable on the skin. Initially, I thought the palette is close to Sugar Glow Kit from Anastasia Beverly Hills, but as you can see from the swatches they are pretty different.
I really love the creamy to powder formula of Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit highlighters. They yield a lightweight, smooth, luminous finish and blend nicely on the skin. The glitter is very refined so you are getting a beautiful glowy, luminous veil rather than glittery look. The formula is buildable, from a lustrous veil to a nice metallic wash of color achieved without any cakiness.
The list of ingredients used in formulation of Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit are presented below.
KITTY KAT, DAYDREAM, FOREVER YOUNG
OCTYLDODECANOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TALC, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, BORON NITRIDE, CALCIUM TITANIUM BOROSILICATE, SYNTHETIC WAX, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, METHICONE, POLYBUTENE, SILICA, TIN OXIDE, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: (+/-) MICA, RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
OCTYLDODECANOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TALC, CALCIUM TITANIUM BOROSILICATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, BORON NITRIDE, SYNTHETIC WAX, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, METHICONE, POLYBUTENE, SILICA, TIN OXIDE, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: (+/-) MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
OCTYLDODECANOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TALC, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CALCIUM TITANIUM BOROSILICATE, BORON NITRIDE, SYNTHETIC WAX, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, METHICONE, POLYBUTENE, SILICA, TIN OXIDE, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: (+/-) MICA, RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, OCTYLDODECANOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TALC, BORON NITRIDE, CALCIUM TITANIUM BOROSILICATE, SYNTHETIC WAX, POLYBUTENE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, METHICONE, SILICA, TIN OXIDE, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: (+/-) MICA, RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035), IRON OXIDE (CI 77491), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Overall, the list of ingredients look pretty simple and okay for me. It is formulated without parabens, it is gluten and phthalates free. The formula is noncomedogenic, dermatologist tested and clinically tested, cruelty-free and vegan. It does contain Talc and few other ingredients, that I highlighted in bold. For more information about highlighted ingredients, please refer to my Ingredients page.
How to Apply Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit Highlighters
Here are the recommendations on application from Anastasia Beverly Hills website:
- Layer shades together or wear separately on the face, eyes, lips and body. For a natural-looking glow, tap A23 Pro Brush on the powder and then sweep over the high points of the face. For an intense glow, gently push the fibers of A23 Pro Brush into the powder and use a stippling motion to apply to the high points of the face (including the tops of the cheeks, bridge and tip of the nose, Cupid’s bow, chin, inner corners of the eyes and brow bone).
- Use the lighter shades Forever Lit and Forever Young on the highest points of the face to sculpt.
- Use the peach and rose shades Kitty Kat and Daydream to brighten and add color to the apple of the cheek.
- Use the deeper shades Glo Getter and 143 to add warmth and shape to the perimeter of the face, nose and cheeks.
- Can be applied wet or dry.
- For maximum reflect and intense color payoff, pair these shades with Dewy Set Setting Spray.
- For a multidimensional highlight, layer multiple shades together on the high points of the face.
- For a high-impact sheen effect, layer these shades over Liquid Glow.
- For an all-over body glow, mix any of the shades with Hydrating Oil.
- Create a metallic lip effect by applying these shades on top of Liquid Lipstick or Matte Lipstick.
- Apply these shades on top of your Darkside Waterproof Gel Liner or Jet Waterproof Crème Color application to create a duo chrome finish.
- For precise placement, apply using a small blending brush.
With colored highlighters, I personally prefer to wear a sheer veil rather than building up the pigment. The formula is so silky that it blends nicely with and without makeup. Shades like Daydream ans Kitty Kat pair nicely with blushes, and will look nice on top of cream or liquid blushes. For my light skin tone, shade 143 looks a little too dark to be applied as a highlighter, but I can use it on top of a bronzer if I wish to add more luminosity to it.
Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit: Is it Worth the Hype?
Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit from Anastasia Beverly Hills is absolute a hit. From the fantastic creamy to powder easy to work formula to a shade selection, this palette is definitely a one you want to have in your collection. It is now on sale at brand’s official online store so you can get it with 50% off discount.