Farah Gasimzade, Founder and Blogger-in-Chief at Sun Kissed Blush.
I was born and raised in a culture, where a girl or a woman can’t leave a house without being prepped and looking gorgeous; doesn’t matter whether you are going to the local shop to buy some bread or going out. And this is something I’d like to keep with me wherever I go, combining western influence with my eastern culture.
Why Sun Kissed Blush? It has something to do with my origin. My hometown is a very sunny and beautiful city Baku, capital of Azerbaijan located at the bay of the Caspian Sea. Since childhood, I love the sun (but for sure I don’t forget about SPF!) and my tan starts with a healthy-looking blush on my face. Right now I live in Houston, TX, coincidently one of Baku’s sister city across the globe. If you don’t know, Houston is filled with sunshine almost all year round! This fact makes this name even more dear to me.
I’m also a photographer and the sun is my favorite source of light and inspiration, with the shadows that it creates and the way it changes how things look during the day.
Before I started this blog, I used to work in the airline company and I even hold an MSc degree in Supply Chain and Logistics from The University of Warwick. I was also doing photography on a side and I’m a proud alumnus of the New York Institute of Photography.
What may seem an absolutely unrelated background is actually helping me to deal with daily challenges that I’m facing while running this blog, turning my dreams into opportunities. Besides, this is where my love to travel and working with people from different cultures is basically coming from!
And if you think about this: life is so much better when kissed by the sun.
- Huertas M. (2019) Meet Farah Gasimzade of Sun Kissed Blush in Katy. Houston Voyage.
- Harris A. (2018). Meet Trailblazer Farah Gasimzade. Houston Voyage.
- Mamedbekov, T. (2015). Journeys To Success: Every human being is unique, and I believe that every person sees life differently Farah Gasimzade. TexasAzerbaijanis.
- Ильхам, Х. (2013). Бакинская Молодежь Фарах Гасымзаде. Баку-Это.
- Вишневецкий Ф., Л.А. (2013), Фотограф Фарах Гасымзаде: “Мир через видоискатель фотоаппарата для меня более многогранен, чем реальный”. 1 News.Az.
- Ильхам, Х. (2013) С тех пор, как фотография увлекла меня, я поняла что, что мир намного шире чем границы кадра. Youth Portal.
- Tagiyeva A. (2012) Fotoqraf Fərəh Qasımzadə. Target Magazine.
- Baku Pages (2005). Чудный мир детства.
AzerTag (2005). Бакинская школьница Фарах Гасымзаде завоевала приз на конкурсе детского рисунка, организованном ЮНЕСКО.